Packed with numerous benefits, this tourist card will show you around the city and recommend the most interesting places you shouldn’t miss while you’re in Brno.
- Provides attractive discounts and free admission to various places, including 5 top sights (gardens of Brno villas, tower at the Old Town Hall, Brno underground, Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul, and the Brno Zoo).
- Serves as a free ticket for the city transportation, including the summer boat trips across the Brno Dam. Saves time and money!
- Allows the card holder to buy priority tickets to Villa Tugendhat.
- Sold online and at several locations in Brno.
- Several options available (from 1 to 3 days).
“You’ve been doing a great job for the city, and we very much appreciate it. Thanks to your proactive approach, immediate reaction to the COVID crisis, and great creativity, Brno drew local tourists in the summer through its beautiful outdoor events such as the Music Marathon, by making the Brnopas more attractive, and more. And this also helped immensely in drawing guests to our hotel.”
Area Director of Sales & Marketing Czech Republic, Barceló Hotel Group
“The Tourist Information Centre is an important partner for us in promoting the city. We were among the first in recent history to appreciate the vital role TIC plays in cultivating awareness among visitors as to Brno’s culture, its history and its current state. With the arrival of Ms. Janulíková, the steps leading to successful promotion of the city were specified and intensified. She built a team with clearly-defined tasks, and its contribution became very visible in everything the team did; the promotion of Brno in printed materials, including the Go to Brno bulletin, the practical Brnopas program, the new website, activities on social networks, and organizing cultural and other events that inspired local businesses to adopt an active approach. Brno opened up and became an open-minded city sought after not only by young visitors but also by families and senior citizens. The current situation presents a lot of new challenges, requiring a managerial approach of this very kind.”
Marketing, PR & Sales, Hotel International